This week my focus has been on using humor to release endorphins so that you can enjoy a long, healthy, fulfilled, and prosperous life. I’ve chosen a video that’s sure to make you laugh and leave you speechless. According to #E.C. LaMeaux, Author of #Get ready to get your giggle on ! Benefits of Laughter, there are seven benefits as follows:
1. LOWERS #BLOOD PRESSURE- People who lower their blood pressure, even those who start at normal levels, will reduce their risk of stroke and heart attack.
2. REDUCES STRESS HORMONE LEVELS- The reduction of stress hormones may result in higher immune system performance. Just think: Laughing along as a co-worker tells a funny joke can relieve some of the day’s stress and help you reap the health benefits of laughter.
3. WORKS YOUR ABS- One of the benefits of laughter is that it can help you tone your abs. When you are laughing, the muscles in your stomach expand and contract.
4. IMPROVES CARDIAC HEALTH- Laughter is a great cardio workout, especially for those who are incapable of doing other physical activity due to injury or illness. It gets your heart pumping and burns a similar amount of calories per hour as walking at a slow to moderate pace.
5. BOOSTS T-CELLS- When you laugh, you activate T-cells that immediately begin to help you fight off sickness.
6. TRIGGERS THE RELEASE OF ENDORPHINS- #Endorphins are the body’s natural painkillers which can help ease chronic pain and make you feel good all over.
7. PRODUCES A GENERAL SENSE OF WELL-BEING
I heard it said, that when you see a baby, you see the face of God. Take a listen, get a cup of hot tea or a smoothie and enjoy!
He watches over his holy ones, but the wicked are made speechless in the darkness, for it is not by one’s own strength that one prevails. 1 Sam 2:9